Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The mystery of Rohinton mistry

I never imagined my archive on books will become a subject of such controversy...Medhavi apparently feels that her book-A fine Balance by Rohinton mistry-which she lend me a couple of years back,is still with me...and hence im accused of chiseling and theft. But to vindiacte my position i offer you the history.
Medhavi came down to Delhi from Pune and she wanted to meet me, but due to some prior commitments i could not meet her on the decided day..so she made a long whining call exhibiting her forte: sarcasm,and hung up saying she wanted her book back..so despite any plans i went to college and handed over the book to a common friend so that medhavi could take it from her,we did not talk for a couple of months till i gave her a call on the new years eve. After all these years and all that 'tamasha' she tells me she doesnt know where the book is and she doesnt remember who she gave it too..The ''ooh so precious" book!!

5 comments:

Medhavi said...

Now now ... you dont try getting away thaaaaaat easily.
The list of your prior commitments is such a taskkkkkk to remember, that I may have forgotten the whereabouts of the oh-so-precious book!!!
Bah! Score.

Me: 1. Mansi: 0

Mansi said...

Mere he blog pe dadagiri???

Medhavi said...

Apne hi blog par doubt?! ;)

Sanjay said...

I need food.

Mansi said...

Khaddu sanjay!!